December 8, 2022
Dealing with a broken furnace is never a fun experience, and the only thing worse is having a furnace that fails on an especially cold winter night. Ask anyone who has been through this before and they will be the first to tell you that it’s nothing short of terrifying. Do you call a hotel? Try to get it repaired at odd hours? Wake up neighbors or friends in an attempt to keep the family warm? As dreaded as this scenario is, it does happen. Knowing what to do in advance is one of the smartest ways to ensure the best course of action.
At Napora Heating, we’ve seen too many instances of individuals and families who were completely caught off guard by a catastrophic furnace failure that happened during the most inconvenient time possible. Here are a few tips on how to ensure that you’re ready should the unthinkable happen:
- Have the number of a local furnace repair company on hand at all times
- Know in advance which HVAC companies offer 24/7 emergency service
- Keep space heaters in your home to stay warm while making preparations
- If immediate repairs are impossible, don’t try riding it out in the cold
- Have your furnace inspected annually to help prevent catastrophic failures
- Be sure to get a quote from your repair technician before work begins
Regardless of whether it happens in the middle of the night, or on a Sunday evening when many HVAC companies are closed, knowing who to call as soon as your discover a broken furnace is paramount. If you’re in the Rochester, NY area and in need of late night or emergency heater repairs, Napora Heating and Cooling can help. We offer 24/7 repairs, respond quickly, and stock many common parts to help get your heat back on as soon as possible.
Napora Heating and Cooling is based in Webster, NY and proudly serves the needs of homeowners throughout Rochester and the entire Western NY region. We can be reached by phone at 585-472-1164 day or night, or write to us via email through our contact page.